Free School Meals
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
Your child may also get free school meals if you get any of these benefits and your child is both:
- younger than the compulsory age for starting school
- in full-time education
If your child is eligible for free school meals, they’ll remain eligible until they finish the phase of schooling (primary or secondary) they’re in on 31 March 2022.
To check if your child is eligible, you should;
- apply direct online at https://www.doncaster.gov.uk/doitonline/free-school-meals
- Complete and return it by email to FSM@doncaster.gov.uk. A photo of the completed form is sufficient. All details must be included.
- If you do not have Internet access you can make a request by phoning-01302 735336
If you have any problems applying for FSM please contact the school office on 01302 833941, who will be happy to help.
School Meals Information
At lunchtime pupils can either choose to take a hot school meal or bring their own packed lunch.
Hot meals are cooked on site with the kitchen currently providing around 140 pupils and adult meals. Menus are designed to provide a balanced and healthy diet and we work closely with the Doncaster Schools Catering and Mrs Padfield, our cook, to ensure that the menus also reflect pupils' tastes.
Special dietary needs can be catered for and parents are encouraged to discuss their child's needs with the kitchen staff who can be contacted through the school office.
School meals currently cost £13.50 per week payable at the beginning of the week or should you prefer on a half termly basis. Payments should be made on Parent pay.
Pupils choosing to bring a packed lunch are encouraged to make healthy choices, sweets, fizzy drinks and other sugary items are discouraged.
Food Allergies and Intolerances
Please speak contact school if you have any concerns re the ingredients in your children's meals with regards to the above. The kitchen staff are happy to discuss your concerns.
Any allergies should be notified to school as soon as possible and supporting documents provided.
Universal Infant Free School Meals for Key Stage 1
Parents of children in Acorns (Reception), Willow (Class 1) and Beech (Class 2) (KS1) children are entitled to UIFSM. Universal Free School Meals for all children from age 4 to 7 from September 2014. This means that you do not need to pay for school meals – they will be provided.