Please see below School Meals Menu........
School Meals Information
At lunchtime pupils can either choose to take a hot school meal or bring their own packed lunch.
Hot meals are cooked on site with the kitchen currently providing around 120 pupils and adult meals. Menus are designed to provide a balanced and healthy diet and we work closely with the Doncaster Schools Catering and Mrs Padfield, our cook, to ensure that the menus also reflect pupils' tastes. Special dietary needs can be catered for and parents are encouraged to discuss their child's needs with the kitchen staff who can be contacted through the school office.
School meals currently cost £12.75 per week payable at the beginning of the week or should you prefer on a half termly basis.Payments should be made on Parent pay or at the School Office.
Pupils choosing to bring a packed lunch are encouraged to make healthy choices, sweets, fizzy drinks and other sugary items are discouraged.
Free School Meals
Families who receive certain benefits may be eligible for free school meals. Your child is eligible for free school meals if you are in receipt of one of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400.
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for the four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual income of no more than £16,190
Registering for free meals could also raise an extra £1,345 per year for your child’s primary school or £955 per year for your child’s secondary school.
This would fund valuable support like extra tuition, additional teaching staff or after school activities. This additional money is available from central government for every child whose parent/carer is receiving one of the benefits listed above.
It is therefore important to sign up for free school meals if you are receiving one of the above benenfits, even if your child is in Reception, year 1 or year 2, so that your child’s school receives as much funding as possible.
To check if your child is eligible, you should;
- apply direct online at https://www.doncaster.gov.uk/doitonline/free-school-meals
- Complete and return it by email to FSM@doncaster.gov.uk. A photo of the completed form is sufficient. All details must be included.
- If you do not have Internet access you can make a request by phoning
If your child is eligible for free school meals, they’ll remain eligible until they finish the phase of schooling (primary or secondary) they’re in on 31 March 2022.
Universal Free School Meals for Key Stage 1
Parents of children in Class 1 and Class 2 (KS1) were advised some time ago about the new government initiative to provide Universal Free School Meals for all children from age 4 to 7 from September 2014. This means that you do not need to pay for school meals – they will be provided.
Food Allergies and Intolerances
Please speak contact school if you have any concerns re the ingredients in your children's meals with regards to the above.The kitchen staff are happy to discuss your concerns.
Any allergies should be notified to school as soon as possible.